Mianzo Asset Management
Mianzo (meaning “New Beginnings” in Swahili) Asset Management is a black-owned, Cape Town based asset Management Company.
Founded in August 2010, Mianzo is an authorized discretionary Financial Services Provider in terms of Section 8 of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act, 37 of 2002, with a category II license (FSP no: 43114). Mianzo’s core focus is the management (including preservation and creation) of assets on behalf of clients. Our vision is to create a leading African innovative investment business that:
- Looks after client interests and invests in a manner that serves the client’s best interests.
- Gains long-term superior risk-adjusted investment returns on the back of a sound investment philosophy, process and discipline
- Operates in a regulated environment and promotes investor
- Education is a sustainable business – a solid investment legacy
Our approach to investing is primarily driven by the belief that superior performance is achieved by investing in companies that are priced below their intrinsic value with a sufficient margin of safety, and paying careful attention to capital preservation.
We ascribe to the principle of capital preservation first, and then yield enhancement. This is evident in our emphasis on undervalued stocks and explicit use of capital protection strategies. Our analyses are geared to assess the main drivers of and valuations of appropriate investments. Thorough analysis underpins superior returns. The investment team has a combined 40+ years of industry experience with a strong, research, portfolio management and derivative background.
OUR CORE VALUES
Our CORE VALUES underpin how we conduct business and business relationships.
- ACCOUNTABLE INVESTING
- Accountable for the investment decisions we make
- Continuous and consistent Excellence
- Client Centric
Mianzo is a signatory to the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investing (UNPRI)